Icon

Icon

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

SIP117watercolor

Sigh......  Watercoloring and I are not friends. I have tried a few things, and was not happy with any results, so I stopped trying.  Well, then Andrea has this brainstorm that we needed to do a watercolor challenge.  Some days I wonder why I like her.....  lol.

Well, after a few struggles, I came across a few happy accidents......


The first background I made by touching ink pads to my acrylic block, spritzing it with water, and laying paper over the top.  The colors are Tim Holtz's Distress Ink 'Mowed Lawn' and 'Mustard Seed'.
The stamps are from Endless Creations.


For this second one, same stamps, but the inks are from Stampin Up. I believe I used Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry.


This last one, is the same as the above.  I inked this paper, spritzed some more water on the acrylic block, then did the above paper. These images are from the retired Summer Silhouette set, the image is a random little fella that I am not sure where it came from.

Hope you like these.  Now that I have found a system that works for me, I think I will do more.


Hope you can find some time to join in this week's challenge.  I would like to see what you come up with, and what techniques you use!!

Make it a great week.
Hug your pets!!
Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment