Icon

Icon

Saturday, April 30, 2016

ButterflyWishers



Have you ever made a card that stuck in your head?
 Once I had it done, it was nice, but I kept thinking of things I would have done differently. So, this was my shot.......
 
 

 

The base of my card, the stitched layer, and the big butterfly are all Baked Brown Sugar.  I miss that color and have to admit, I have a stash of it, much like I will be doing with Lost Lagoon and Blackberry Bliss when they retire this year.



The bit of dsp is from the First Edition collection from several years ago. The Hardwood background and the sentiments are stamped in Baked Brown Sugar, and the small butterfly is stamped in Tangelo Twist. I sponged the edges of the pieces in the same colors.

The sentiments and layered butterfly were applied with dimentionals, with the twine attached to the back of each sentiment.



I finished it off with a flower from the retired Rose Trim, which, yes, I am also hoarding.  :)

I found a pic of my first one..... this one was in Crumb Cake, and done a bit differently.....


No offense to this guy but I like my new version SO much better!!  :)

Thanks again for stopping by!!
Make it a great day!!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment