Icon

Icon

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

SIP#30 Color challenge

Hello, and welcome to this week's Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge!!  This week we have a color combo for you.....

http://wp.me/p6hi7Y-cX
 
I have to admit to a little sigh when I saw gold in the mix.  I don't use a lot of gold, so do not have a lot of options to add it to a card.  Then I remembered that I just found some gold sequins in the after-Christmas clearance on my last shopping trip.  :)  Right away I thought "shaker card".  Problem solved!!

 
I started with a base of the Crumb Cake. Embossed a white layer with a cloud embossing folder, and then ran it though the Big Shot again with a stitched rectangle die. Then I used a circle die to make my "balloon" in the clouds.  I then lined my balloon with a clear sheet, stamped my sentiment, piled some sequins on it and circled the back of the balloon with some mounting tape and adhered it to the base..  I made a bow using some Rose Red paper, and made a little tail for my balloon with more sequins, attached both using Tombo glue.
 
 
And, since there is always the fear I will get out of hand in my crafty corner, I have a supervisor....
 
 
She is a good helper. :)  As I type this, she must be chasing something.... her paws are a movin!!
 
Hope you have a great week. Here in northern Wisconsin, it is COLD. Very, very cold. The high temp today was 0 degrees..... was below zero all day with the wind chill.  So all three of our dogs pretty much hung out in the house today.  Hope it is toasty where you are!!  :)
 
Please take a moment to join this week's challenge!!
Make it a great day!
Lisa

2 comments: