Icon

Icon

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

SIP81chicken

I was so excited to get my new chicken stamps in the mail, I knew I was going to figure out a way to incorporate them in to the next challenge.... no matter what!!  lol  Turns out, it was a pretty good fit.....


Then the dilemma started..... which chicken to use..... what is my one color gonna be....  sigh...... It is rough having new toys.  lol

Tuns out, my color is yellow. I love me some yellow....


The new set is called "Hey Chick" from Stampin Up.  I have to admit I couldn't stop at one card.....I made 5.  lol   My cousin has a b-day coming up (which she reminded me when I posted one of the other cards on my facebook page) so I think I will send the bundle to her as a b-day gift.


Not a complicated card.  The base is plain old black. I used the little egg stamp from the set to make a background. Cut that layer out with my stitched rectangle die.  Cut my chicken out with a stitched circle. The colring was done with varios yellows, including colored pencil, copics, and Crushed Curry ink (the chicken wire background stamp on the banner).

Turned out pretty cute.  I just love this set!!  Peeps are gonna be sick of seeing my chickens soon, I think.....  lol

It has been so cold here in northern Wisconsin, and last night the fan motor on our wood stove decided it was done.  Then our propane furnace, which is our backup, decided it wouldn't come on. Luckily, my brother has a friend that used to work at a heating place, and he was able to help Titus get it up and running over the phone, and today they are going to hunt up a replacement for the fan motor.  Sigh.....always seems these things wait for the bitter cold weather to happen.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Make it a great day!!
Stay warm.
Hug your pets (and bring them in from the cold)!!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I love this! The background with the little eggs is adorable! I just got this stamp set because it is just adorable and this gives me good inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set too....such a fun group of images with cute sayings! Love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete