Icon

Icon

Thursday, October 29, 2015

CYCI#92 sketch

Hey all!!  Thought I would make a quick card for this weeks Can You Case It challenge.....

http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=2429
 
Love this sketch!!  And here is what I came up with.....
 
 
 
I found this adorable little snowman stamp when I was digging through my Christmas bins to start making goodies for upcoming craft fairs. I just love him, he is so cute!!  The base of my card is white, the next layer is from the All is Calm collection. The snowman is Uptown Rubber Stamps, and the sentiment is from the Endless Wishes set. The snowman is stamped on white and cut out using my NEW stitched dies from Gina Marie Designs......and they are fab!!

I also used the snowman on this little guy....


We had bought my mom a white birch tree for Mother's Day years ago, and it hasn't come back to life the last few years, so Titus cut some discs out of it for me, and I made my siblings and I some mementoes out of Mom's favorite tree.  My sister had tears in her eyes when I let her pick one out, explained what it was from, so I consider it a win!!  :)

Hope you like my card.
Thanks for dropping by!!
Make it a great day!!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Lisa.. I love the card, but the birch memento is brilliant! Its always nice to hear of heartwarming stories, I can only imagine how your family feels about your mother's tree, and the keepsakes they'll treasure! Thanks for joining CYCI Eva :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva!! I got a little carried away with the birch pieces. :) I must have about 30. lol But, I am sure they will be appreciated by everyone. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  2. Lisa...I love your card ~ that snowman is adorable! ~ thanks for playing with us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete