Icon

Icon

Friday, September 2, 2016

A+Teacher

Today I did a quick card for my sister.  She is a high school English teacher, and started back to school yesterday.  She was a bit nervous about the new school year, so I thought I would mail this out today to cheer her up a bit!!!

I am playing along with two challenges which inspired my card.....

The theme is from canyoucaseit.com

And the layout is inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches


Here is what I came up with....



On to the white base, I sponged a strip of Old Olive n the bottom. Then cut my "apples" using my Swirly Scribbles thinlits. I added a leaf from the same set, and made my stem from the bird builder punch.  The sentiment, stamped in black, is from Unity Stamp Co,

Thanks for stopping by!!
Make it a great day!!
Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Those scribble apples are so precious, Lisa! I love them and your card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Can You Case It! – Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla!! And thanks for choosing my card to be among the winners!! :)

      Delete
  2. OMGee you totally rocked it in back to school challenge! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms Eva!!! It's always fun to play along!!

      Delete
  3. That die is by far one of the best! Your apples are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am loving these scribble dies. They get a lot of use. :)

      Delete
  4. Love this card! Those apples are genius! Thanks for joining us at CYCI this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) I really enjoy playing along when I can.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Wow! Wow! Incredibly clever - thanks for playing along with us at CYCI this week! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool how you turned the swirls into apples! Cute card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete