Icon

Icon

Monday, June 8, 2015

SIP 1 - Getting to know you challenge


Welcome to Week 1 of the  Stamp Ink Paper Challenge!!  I am honored to be a part of this talented Design Team.  Be sure to check out all of my fellow designer's cards and enter your card into the challenge!!  http://stampinkpaper.com/ 

It has been rainy, rainy, rainy here the last few days, although somehow I did manage to fit a sunburn in between raindrops....oops....  Plenty of time inside though, to figure out my card.  This week's challenge is a designer's choice.  In trying to make something that reflected my style, I went straight to a few of my favorite things (now I have Julie Andrews singing in my head).  I love to fussy cut, color and do several layers on my cards, so I incorporated all of those things......well, and caffeine, I love me some caffeine!!  lol 



I started with a base of Baked Brown Sugar, layered with a piece of Afternoon Picnic DSP. On top of this is a small piece of Baked Brown Sugar, punched along the edge with an ek border punch. I topped this with some First Edition DSP. The coffee cups and sentiment are from Perfect Blend stamp set, the cups I stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and fussy cut them, colored them with a pencil crayon. The band of the cup was stamped on Coastal Cabana DSP and fussy cut. The ribbon is the Coastal Cabana from the SAB catty. The sentiment is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar on very vanilla and mounted on a scalloped circle of Baked Brown Sugar.  The cups and sentiment are all "popped up" with dimentionals.

Hope you enjoy my card, and be sure to enter the challenge!!  Have a great, crafty week!!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa! I LOVE it! I came very very close to posting a coffee card myself because you know how much I love me some coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina!! Your so sweet. :) I prefer my caffeine cold, but love that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! It's three for three on your coffee card. I didn't start drinking coffee (religiously) until about 5 years ago. Your cups look all fancy too with that Afternoon Picnic polka dot sleeves. Your card is mesmorizing and I look forward to watching your talent and learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind words Maggie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Lisa! The coffee cups are adorable and I love all the fun layers in the background.

    ReplyDelete