Icon

Icon

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

SIP44lighthouse

Welcome to our 44th challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper!! 
It is an inspiration challenge...... do whatever this photo inspires......

http://wp.me/p6hi7Y-j6
 
I love lighthouses!!  I have been known to plan vacations around them.  :) 
Therefore I was excited to see this photo.  Must admit the first thing this photo inspired was not a card idea....... it was a desire to go on vacation!!  lol
 
But, once I got over that distraction, here is what I came up with......
 
 
The card base is Crumb Cake. The dsp is from the Adventure stack from last year. The images are from the retired SU set "Calm Seas".  I stamped them all in black, colored them in with copics, except the sky around the lighthouse which is sponged with Coastal Cabana. Then all the images were cut sing my stitched dies and my Big Shot.  I wrapped some twine around the top of dsp layer and added a button. The dsp layer and smallest circle image are popped up with dimentionals.
 
 
Now, here is some proof about my lighthouse obsession.....
These are all from our vacation in 2014 in Upper Michigan....

 
I like to walk along the water and pick up rocks.... A habit I got from my mom.
 

I have to be sneaky about getting Titus in photos. Neither of us like our picture taken!!  This is Mackinaw Point Lighthouse.

 
This one is Crisp Point Lighthouse. The road to get to it was horrible, but I would do it again!!  Beautiful spot!!


This one was a two mile hike, but also worth it!! Au Sable Point.
 
This one is only accessible by boat, so we had to go on a tour cuz I really wanted to see it.  :)  Grand Island Lighthouse.
 
And last year we went up to Superior, Wi for a quick weekend away and went out to the Wisconsin Point Lighthouse. Again. lol  It is funny how even though I have been out there several times, I still love it, still find it relaxing.....
 
 
Hope you enjoy my card idea.  Please take some time to join our challenge this week.
 
Make it a great day!!
Lisa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment