Icon

Icon

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SIP#37 Naturals

Hello there!!!  And welcome to the 37th challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper!! I was pretty excited to see this one.......

http://wp.me/p6hi7Y-fA

I really like to use embellishments on my cards, and love working with wood and cork, especially, so this one was fun!!!



I decided to pull out one of my old favorites (I didn't have to dig too far for it, as it is one I just love and use a lot!!). I am such a fan of the retired "Remembering Christmas". I use this image for many things.......



For my card, I stamped the image right on to some cork paper I had. I used Chocolate Chip ink, and then colored it in with my Chocolate Chip marker to make it darker. I layered that on some acorn dsp, attached to my kraft card base.  I wrapped a little twine around the layers, and added a wooden acorn embellishment, and BOOM!!  lol



I had this piece of white birch sitting here for months that I have been meaning to do something with, and since I had my favorite deer out..... away I went.  :)  The birch chunk is from an old white birch tree that we had bought for our mom one Mother's Day years ago.  The tree was not alive anymore, and I told Titus when we cut it down that I would want to make some things with parts of "Mom's tree".  He flattened out the bottom for me, and drilled a hole in the top for the candle.

 
I decided to put something similar on the back side of my candle holder, and went with my new "In the Meadow" set.  Also used the trees from this new set on the inside of my card, along with a birthday sentiment.


I hope you enjoyed this week's project. Please take some time to join us.....I would love to see what you come up with!!!  :)

Make it a great day.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment