Icon

Icon

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

SIP#13, Birthday

Hello and Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!!  Hope you all enjoyed a nice, safe Labor Day weekend.  My sister was home for the weekend, and I was able to set up at a local craft fair (and business was good) so all was good here!!  :)

This week's Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge is a theme, that theme is birthday.


  My sister needed a few cards for friends, so I made her a these.....


The first is made with Bermuda Bay, which is a fave of mine, along with some Cherry On Top dsp, and the stamp set, Not So Seriously. I love me some layers, so I cut some dsp pieces, along with the stamped images, and layered them on some Bermuda Bay. Then I just tried em out on the card til I liked where they landed.  :)  I finished it off with some candy dots.


For this one, she needed a larger size card for a co-worker. It needed to be bigger so her whole department had room to sign it.  I love sock monkeys, so thought this was a cute idea, and thought the Daffodil Delight would be nice and cheerful.  :)  I punched the balloons from some oval and circle punches, using Daffodil Delight and some coordinating dsp. The little nubbin on each balloon was made with branches of the Tree Builder Punch. Added a little twine on each balloon and popped each balloon with dimentionals.

Hope these cards bring a smile to the recipients, and to you.  :)
Please join the challenge at http://stampinkpaper.com/?p=370
Have a great week.....it is hotter than heck here, so I am off to sit in front of a fan with my book.  lol

Happy stampin!!!
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Cute cards, Lisa! Love the cute doggies on the first card, and the monkey card is so cute in 'banana' yellow! I love that it's a big card, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. :) I think there are about 20 peeps in her English Dept, so a normal size card just wasn't gonna do it. :)

      Delete
  2. Love them both! You know I'm a sucker for dogs but that sock monkey is adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!!! I, too, am a sucker for dogs, as you also know. :)

      Delete