Icon

Icon

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Get Well Soup



Hello!!  And welcome to Stamp, Ink, Paper challenge #1, part 2.  :)   To extend the first challenge for another week, we are offering up another "designer's choice" card.  I am still playing with some of my new Stampin Up goodies, including the new Get Well Soup stamp.  It is super cute!!


I also needed to use some of the new In Colors and dsp.  Yes, NEEDED to use.  lol  I can't help myself......the Cherry On Top dsp is just too cheerful not to play with.  For the card, I started with a base of Bermuda Bay. The next layer is part of the dsp stack, as is the layer on top of it. I stamped the image on to white paper, masked off the soup mug and stamped a background with a stamp from Gorgeous Grunge, using Crushed Curry ink.  I colored in the cup with a pencil crayon, and tied Crushed Curry ribbon around the top layer. Also added a few candy dots.

For the little soup holder I used Watermelon Wonder cardstock measuring 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 and scored it at 2, 2 1/2, 6 and 6 1/2. Also scored it at 1/2" along the longest edge to form the box bottom. I attached a piece of the Cherry On Top dsp to the front (2 3/4 x 3 1/4) and then I created a tag for the front using the Get Well Soup, which I again masked off to use Gorgeous Grunge for a background in Cucumber Crush. I attached some bling to the tag and some of the Watermelon Wonder lace trim, attached the tag with dimentionals.  Perfect as a prize for someone with a summer cold.

Be sure to check out all the other designers on this fabulous team, and enter your card at Stamp Ink Paper .  Thank you for checking out my card.

http://stampinkpaper.com/2015/06/sip-challenge-1-getting-to-know-you/

2 comments:

  1. Super fun card, Lisa! I love that big stamp, and how cute you made a soup holder, too! I love soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am wishing I would have had a pack of crackers and a little plastic spoon to put in the "packet" with the soup. :)

      Delete